The digital media landscape is constantly evolving, with new content platforms becoming available practically every week. Along with the many online placement options comes new ways to measure and track campaign success. With vast amounts of data available real-time, choosing what metrics to analyze as efficiently as possible is more important than ever. But it can also be very confusing!
What does a digital campaign look like when it is measured for brand awareness, customer acquisition or generating donations? Truthfully, each of those campaign goals can and will have different metrics to gauge effectiveness.
The key is narrowing your analysis down to include only the key performance indicators (KPIs) that match-up with your goals to help shape what campaign success looks like for your organization. Depending on your specific marketing campaign, some metrics will simply be more important than others. It’s identifying what those metrics are that will determine the level of success and return on investment (ROI).
Every digital marketing tactic has some way to measure effectiveness and although all campaigns are created differently, there are some core digital marketing metrics to guide your post-campaign analysis:
- Website Traffic Generation: overall site traffic; knowing your source of traffic and what brought them to your site
- Conversion Metrics: helps you track how website visitors engage with and respond to your content, key message points and call-to-action
- Cost of Conversion: how much is your organization spending to get one new contact?
- Social Media Metrics: helps determine how social media marketing efforts contribute to brand awareness, customer engagement, building relationships and driving traffic to your website
- Return on Investment (ROI): assigns a value to which tactics in your digital marketing campaign drove results
To learn more about how Connect360 can help your organization determine the effectiveness of a digital marketing campaign, please contact us here: http://c360m.com/contact-us/