During the late 1800’s/early 1900’s, William “Wee Willie” Keeler standing at 5-foot-4, 140 pounds, was one of the smallest players ever in major league baseball. However, he was one of the giants of the game with a lifetime batting average of .345 and being inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1939.
“Wee Willie” Keller is best known for his motto, “Keep your eye on the ball and hit ‘em where they ain’t,” which certainly worked for the third baseman-turned-outfielder.
For communications professionals, “Wee Willie’s” advice can teach us about how to effectively market our campaigns. When strategizing to come up with a successful marketing plan, it’s important to develop creative messaging that stands out and resonates resonate with your target audiences. The second ingredient is to know where your best placement opportunities reside in order to increase engagement rates and deliver strong ROI.
When finalizing tactics to market a campaign across the digital landscape, avoiding the clutter of ads found on many websites and placing your creative assets where your audience is and your competition isn’t is essentially the marketing version of “hit ‘em where they ain’t.”
It sounds like basic marketing 101, but in executing and utilizing a campaign budget as effectively as possible is the key to success. For example, you can significantly increase your campaign results by identifying sites that offer one-brand-per-page and above-the-fold opportunities with properly tracked conversions and engagement rates. Additionally, focusing your key message points to each target demographic will substantially increase your campaign’s ROI.
As marketers begin strategizing for Men’s Health Month in June, keep “Wee Willie” Keeler’s statement in mind, along with these digital marketing facts to help you plan a successful campaign:
- Identify online channels that have strong engagement rates with men’s interest ads, such as ESPN, Hulu, CNN.com and Fox News.com
- 72% of all male internet users regularly watch YouTube, making video pre-roll an effective core marketing tactic
- Mobile apps that focus on sports, gaming, financial news and app utilities have the highest proportion of men in their audiences
- According to Nielsen, 70 percent of U.S. millennial males use social media platforms regularly and watch less traditional TV than any other group
- Males spend 28% more time shopping online than women
For more information on building an effective online digital strategy for both Men’s Health Month and throughout 2021, please contact us; https://c360m.com/contact-us/
About Connect 360
Connect360 is a leading media placement agency driving measurable results for some of Charity Navigator’s highest-ranked nonprofits, well-known associations, government agencies and public relations/marketing firms.