Mobile marketing is one of the most rapidly changing areas in Communications and Advertising. From 5G connectivity to artificial intelligence to augmented reality, the possibilities are endless in helping marketers reach their target audiences in new, innovative and impactful ways.
With all of the major changes coming for the mobile industry in 2019 and beyond, it’s imperative to stay on top of the latest developments when planning your next marketing campaign.
The focus of any marketing strategy should be to cater to the major growth of consumers who use their smartphones & tablets as their preferred – and sometimes only – personal device.
To illustrate how mobile will impact content consumption and consumer spending in 2019, here are a few trends to keep in mind:
- Mobile ad spending will top $93 billion in 2019, over $20 billion more than what will be spent on TV
- Americans spend more than 50% of their online time of mobile apps
- For U.S. consumers, 71% of total digital minutes come from mobile devices
- Nearly 60% of search queries globally come from mobile devices. Mobile search rankings by category:
- Food & Beverage
- 5G connectivity will have a greater impact for consumers, leading to increased usage of mobile streaming platforms
If you would like to learn more about how mobile marketing can boost your campaigns’ ROI, please contact Chris Cavello, [email protected] or 212-624-9183.
Sources: eMarketer, Comscore, Gartner, Trend Watchers, Google Statements
About The Author
Chris’s career in marketing and communications spans 20 years, with a focus on Internet and social media marketing over the last decade.
About Connect 360
Connect360 is a leading media placement agency driving measurable results for some of Charity Navigator’s highest-ranked nonprofits, well-known associations, government agencies and public relations/marketing firms.