“Communication and collaboration was easy with Connect360. They regularly shared results and updates. It was clear they had reviewed our PSAs closely, understood exactly what we were trying to say, and put our message into a nice succinct document that could be sent to producers at TV stations for a seamless distribution.”
– Noah Johnston, Administrative Director, Project Lyme
Project Lyme is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to increasing public awareness of the symptoms of Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses. Lyme is a common infectious disease, and many people suffer years with debilitating or unexplainable symptoms before they are accurately diagnosed.
In 2021 Project Lyme launched their first ever public service announcement (PSA) campaign, which they called “Lyme Disease is a Thief.” The creative featured personal accounts that informed viewers about the Lyme Disease experience and encouraged viewers to visit projectlyme.org for more information and prevention tips.
Connect360 was charged with generating media exposure to increase awareness by reaching a variety of Americans who might be suffering from symptoms of Lyme disease or might know someone who may be affected by Lyme disease.
Connect360 developed a strategic media plan to increase national awareness of Lyme disease.
For year-long coverage and broad awareness, we distributed three “Lyme Disease is a Thief” TV PSA spots to 1,900 TV stations nationwide.
You can view the video PSA spots here: https://psaconnect.c360m.com/PL/
In order to target their specific audience demographics, the C360 team also streamed their 30 second “Lyme Disease is a Thief” PSA on Hulu through CTVs, mobile, and web devices, as well as engaged with news seekers on CNN.com, USAToday.com, and FoxNews.com.
This campaign is still ongoing and all results are based off of six months of tracking and reporting.
TV PSA Placement Highlights (to date):
- The “Lyme Disease is a Thief” PSA spots aired over 8,000 airings resulting in $8 million worth of donated media value and 145 million audience impressions
- The PSAs aired throughout the majority of top 100 media markets across the country
- The spots aired on Fox News Channel and Fox Business Networks, as well as regional Fox Sports channels, regional NBC Sports channels, and several Pac-12 regional stations
Digital Marketing Highlights:
- Nearly 700,000 combined video views
- Over 1,270 clicks delivered
- Over 462,000 100% completed video views
CNN.com, USAToday.com, and FoxNews.com:
- Over 235,000 video views
- 1,273 total clicks
About Connect 360
Connect360 is a leading media placement agency driving measurable results for some of Charity Navigator’s highest-ranked nonprofits, well-known associations, government agencies and public relations/marketing firms.