Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire, Xbox, Smart TVs and other video streaming providers have seen tremendous growth over the past year. For marketers, the opportunity to reach engaged viewers in real-time with more efficient tracking and measurement tools make Connected TV (CTV) a valuable digital marketing platform.
Here are a few more data-points that show the increasing value of building CTV into a marketing campaign:
- 84% of U.S. households have at least one Connected TV device
- 2 million households in the U.S. watch TV via a streaming device
- 80% of adults say streaming services are more enjoyable than traditional cable TV
- CTV viewers are 42% more likely to take action after seeing an ad as compared to a traditional TV viewer
- 60% of U.S. marketers with video campaigns have shifted their budgets from broadcast to connected TV
CTV advertising has become one of the best ways to boost brand awareness and increase consumer engagement. For more info on Connected TV and how it can be a benefit to your video marketing campaign, please contact us: https://c360m.com/lets-connect/
Hot Topic: Younger audiences are more likely to be Connected TV (CTV) viewers; however older demographics are also making the switch from traditional TV. eMarketer data reveals that American CTV viewers in 2020 totaled 45.7 million for Gen Z, 56.5 million for millennials, 48.5 million for Gen X, and 32.8 million for baby boomers –– adding up to 183.5 million viewers overall.
About The Author
Steve Edelman is a Partner and President of Connect360. He is a leading expert on the measurement, valuation, and financial reporting of Public Service Announcements by not-for-profit organizations.
About Connect 360
Connect360 is a leading media placement agency driving measurable results for some of Charity Navigator’s highest-ranked nonprofits, well-known associations, government agencies and public relations/marketing firms.