YOU’RE INVITED: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
A Special Zoom Webinar about Public Service Announcements
INSIDE THE MIND OF A NATIONAL & LOCAL STATION PSA DIRECTOR
WHAT: Wish you knew what would help get your PSA on the air? Are there inside secrets? In this informal Q&A session you’ll have a chance to speak with two seasoned PSA decision-makers – one from a national network and another from a local station affiliate. We’ll cover these & other topics:
- When reviewing PSAs, what is it you look for?
- What causes you to accept (or reject) a PSA – are there dos and don’ts?
- What preferences do you have for PSA lengths? What about production style?
- Can nonprofits ask for donations in the PSA?
- Will the 2024 National Elections impact your usage of PSAs?
- Brie Allio has over 20 years experience as a broadcast network executive. She is currently Vice President, Standards & Practices at Hallmark Media, where she oversees the review of commercial content and programming for network acceptability. Previously Brie was Vice President, Program Practices for the CBS Television Network where she managed all public service announcements for CBS on the Network level and produced CBS’s internal public service initiative, CBS Cares.
- Moreen Bailey Frater is the Director of Community Relations for the ABC Cleveland affiliate, WEWS. Moreen oversees the station’s public service announcement (PSA) selection and placement. She is also responsible for the station’s If you give a child a book campaign, a joint effort with Scripps Howard Fund and News5 Employee Literacy Program. Her leadership over the last six years has resulted in the station donating more than 40,000 books to Cleveland area children who do not have books at home.
WHEN: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. ET
WHERE: Zoom – register at: Eventbrite-Power of Public Service Announcements
About Connect360: Connect360 is the largest distributor of public service announcements, handling more campaigns than the Ad Council. Last year Nielsen reported our television and radio PSA campaigns received in excess of 3.1 million airings, which generated almost $800 million in donated media value. In fact, Nielsen confirmed that one in every five TV PSA airing detections was for a PSA distributed by Connect360.
FREE PSA GUIDE: Want to learn more about public service announcements? For everything you need to know, click here: Essential Guide to Broadcast PSA Success.
About The Author
Julie Ellman is a Partner and Senior Vice President at Connect360 Multimedia in the Bay Area office. For over 25 years Julie has been a strategic media counselor for all types of nonprofits, associations, government organizations and PR/marketing firms.
About Connect 360
Connect360 is a leading media placement agency driving measurable results for some of Charity Navigator’s highest-ranked nonprofits, well-known associations, government agencies and public relations/marketing firms.